UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A new week

It snowed this weekend. Nothing that stuck...but it snowed. Need I say more. I should probably write some post about how fortunate I am to see the snow...but I hate cold.

Last week I had an MRI of the upper part of my spine because of some pain that I was having. The early results showed no new or further tumor growth. So the tumor at the top of my spine is still there, but it has not grown at all. My husband was really happy to hear that, so it must be good news. Praise God. Also, there was no new cancer activity detected wtih the PET scan either. So that is another praise God!

Except I'm experiencing a lot of other concerning symptoms that seemed to have popped up over the weekend, including tingling in my tongue and down into my chin. I don't know what it means, but whenever I bring up tingling to my doctors, they become very concerned. I've also been having a lot of muscle pain in my neck and arms. Again, I don't know what any of this means right now. But I'll probably be having another MRI today. I wish they could just MRI my entire body and figure everything out at once.

I'm also pretty emotional...a lot. But I'm hoping that's because I haven't been getting much rest, despite my extra Ativan and other meds.

But I think today will be better. Today will be good. Because we serve a good God, and he's working through all of this.

Oh, and I owe people SO MANY e-mail messages and cards and thank yous. I'm getting there.


Lord, even when I have trouble all around me, you will keep me alive. Psalm 138:7

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness Cari...of COURSE you're emotional. Don't apologize for that. I would really worry if you were not. What you're doing is no walk in the park, it is HARD CORE fighting. I am thinking of you always and sending my healing thoughts your way.

Nancy, Mary Kate's friend

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, i found you thru andrea. i pray for miracles for you. often and fervently!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cari,
I had no idea until this weekend when Kelsey went to your site through Sara Beth.
Nick is now a monk at Intercessor of the Lamb in Omaha Nebraska. He has 100 religious praying for you and your family 24/7.
Our whole family has you in there prayers.
I know that God will hear all of these prayers and surround you with his love.
Anne

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger LH said...

We had a weird hail-like version of snow for a bit last night. I didn't feel prepared for it.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

I'm glad to hear the good news "no new growth in the existing tumor and no new tumors". And I agree with Nancy you have every right to be emotional, you're going through a trying time right now. Even though you have the faith of 1000 people, you are, after all, still human. Continue to take good care of yourself. You, Max and the kids are, as always, in my prayers.

Love you much
Auntie Nita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home