UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Loooooooooooong Surgery Day

It is now 5PM and I just got home from the hospital. Cari's surgery was to be at 7AM but she actually went into surgery around 3:30PM (a real bummer). When they checked her platelet count it was below normal, therefore, surgery had to be postponed. They gave her one blood transfusion and then after an hour drew blood to check the count. After another hour we got the results. Results required another transfusion. As always Cari is a trooper but she was very uncomfortable with the pain in her upper back, shoulder area and new pain down her arm. And since she had nothing to eat or drink (especially coffee) she was very hungry and had a bad headache. Her surgery should take about 2 hours and without really having to ask..........your prayers , care and loving thoughts are much appreciated. We pray for a peaceful and restful sleep tonight.

Mary Beth (Cari's Mom)

11 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

Consider it done.
Best wishes as always

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger LH said...

Thanks for the info, Cari's mom. Much love and peace to you all!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger unzen said...

Thank you so much for the update. Your whole family has been in my thoughts today. I pray for you all and for Cari to go into remission and be stable for many years to come. God Bless you all. Brenda
unzens6-animals.blogspot.com

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

thank you for the update...I've held Cari in my thoughts and prayers all day. I pray the whole family has a good nights rest, love and prayers.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Thinking of you - to a fast recovery, and quick trip home to be with your little ones.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom & Mary beth,
my thoughts are with you. let me know if there is anything i can do to help with anything.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Thank you so much for the update. I have been praying and thinking of her all day. What a long day you all have had.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

As always...Thoughts and prayers come from the Sanneman's!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Been thinking of you all day. Praying everything went well when the surgery started, and foran easy recover.
-Shannon

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I'm hoping all went well. Thank you for updating us.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cari,
I'm Shawn's Auntie in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I have been following your blogs for a while now, since Shawn told me about you and asked for my prayers.
God bless you and your dear, dear family. I am praying for each and every one of you! Always remember that Our God works for the good of all that love Him!!!!
Love always,
Bev Phillips

 

Post a Comment

<< Home