UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Neighbors Helping Others

I've been very blessed. I have so many people helping me out all the time, and wanting to help me more and more. My husband has a job where I'm not required to work. My mom was able to quit her job to come out here to live until I kick her to the curb...or my dad demands he can't take it without her anymore...I will never send her away, so my dad might need to do some tugging. I have nanny help, and meal help and friends always dropping things by for me. I have neighbors entertaining my kids and carting them to their different sporting events. I am just surrounded by such caring and generous people.

But many, many, many people are not in my financial situation. When diagnosed with cancer, they have financial burdens, daily chore burdens, childcare issues, etc. It's so sad to me to think about how much harder cancer is when you are financially in a hole, or you don't have the friends and family around to help you.

I briefly mentioned to a wonderful neighbor of mine that if she knew of a charity that helps cancer victims with basic needs to let me know because I really wanted to support them in some way. I want others to know that the gifts you send are so cute and fun and appreciative, but I also encourage you to take the money you'd spend on a gift and donate it to a charity that helps cancer patients.

Well, while I was dragging my feet, my neighbor kicked into full gear. And now many neighbors are involved. And a great event, to raise money for the Angel Foundation is now in full swing! You are all invited. Details are below!


Save the Date
for
An Evening of CARIng


Join us for a memorable and exciting night of caring, comedy and community honoring Cari and cancer patients throughout the metro area.


Featuring nationally known comedian
C. Willi Myles


Saturday, November 15
5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
StoneRidge Golf Club
13600 N. Hudson Blvd., Stillwater


benefitting

THE ANGEL FOUNDATION


Learn more about this foundation at www.MnAngel.org


Watch for more details and ticket information
coming soon!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Wow, what amazing friends and family you have, Cari! I am in awe! I hope the event is a HUGE success.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger cg said...

AAhhh when your heart is filled with love and Cari'ing it just overflows to enrich everyone. Tis is wonderfull and I hope you evening is hugely successful. wish I was there to join all of you ;-)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger C said...

you amazing Cari!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Thanks for sharing the info. You are a truly caring person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home