UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Mommy's halloween costume

WARNING: Picture with staples in my head at the bottom of this message. May not be for those with a queasy stomach.


I had my first chemo treatment into my head today. A little needle prick, but that was it for pain. Injecting the chemo took about 5 to 10 minutes to administer. I then had to go home and lie flat for a couple hours. There was concern about headaches, like one would get with a lumbar puncture. However, so far, no side effects. Praise God!


I still have all my other aches and pains, plus a few more that have developed recently. But we're praying that the chemo will help take those symptoms away...without taking away anymore of my brain function.

And as I look at this picture, I was thinking, hey, I'm going to have a scar of my initial "C" on my head. There are people who pay big money to have such scars made...oh, it's not like my surgery was cheap. I guess I'm more shocked that people CHOOSE to do crazy stuff like that....having letters carved into their body!
'
'
'
'
'
'



He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger LH said...

I just sat down with a bowl of cereal (Oatmeal Crisp) to read some awesome blogs and the photo popping up as I clicked on Undomestic did create a reaction. But I recovered quickly and I've gotta tell you. I love how you share this journey with me and everyone else. Thanks, "C."

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I speak to God everyday for you. Even if you don't realize it, your strength speaks volumes to the rest of us. Please keep posting as much as you can, and keep giving us pictures of your little ones so that we can see their sweet faces when we pray to God for them. I pray Jesus's comfort for your physical pain. Lou Ann from Ontario, Canada

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hurray for no side effects!

That's going to be a pretty awesome scar,it looks like it's
healing well. Not gory to me at all!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

I'm used to scars and crazy stuff, but that picture said, "OW" to me! makes my tooth extraction today seem like a walk in the park!

Praying for you continually! God is GOOD!!! Love & hugs!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Thinking of you - love the head, and the pictures.

Still amazed you can have brain surgery one day, be home a little bit later after being discharged from the ICU and back to blogging.

Stay strong my friend.

PS - thanks for the prayers for my mom. Her journey isn't anything like yours. And, certainly don't expect to stay current with all the comings and goings of others lives at this point. Focus OK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home