UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A house for my doll


I just couldn't resist. I'm not one to spend a ton of money on things...and I do realize that's a very relative statement...but you can find my shoes at Target, my kids clothes can be found at Old Navy, Walmart is fine with me. As a matter of fact, I purchased Cameron some shoes at Walmart one time and one of my neighbors actually asked me what I was doing shopping there?


Anyhow, Max and Ella were invited to a Halloween party this weekend. And as soon as I walked into the little girl's room, I FELL IN LOVE with the bed. Usually I'm not like this. Usually I'd say that's way too ridiculously expensive, and just a regular matress and headboard would be just fine. But this time, I just couldn't stop thinking about how excited Ella would be to have this bed...actually, the boys would be just as excited. I was trying to come to my senses about it, but I guess I just feel that my little girl is going through so much...none of which she understands at all right now...that I just wanted to get her something that I knew she would love (or I would love). And by the time I started to come to my more frugal senses, my husband went out and purchased the bed.

We still have to get the mattress for the top and bottom. But overall, she loves it....and so do I!

(By the way, does anyone need a toddler bed or crib?)





Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

That bed is SO COOL!!!!! I am sure Ella will love it.

Yes, we are to be good stewards over what God has given us. But I believe that He gives us the desires of our hearts. Your hearts' desire was for your little girl to have a real-life doll house. And that is okay!

Enjoy your bed Ella :~D

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!!! Where the heck did you buy that?? Isabella would totally love that once she graduates from her crib. You and Ella are going to have hours of fun playing in bed!

Sending all of you some big Canadian bear hugs and lots of love!

xo Dana, Paul & Bella

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

OH!!I've been eyeing that bed for a few years. It is SOOO cute. Such a girly bed, perfect for your little Ella. She will treasure it for years to come. It will be the source of many creative forts and such!

I think it is GREAT you got it for her. Buying special stuff like that once in awhile is good and fine. An adorable splurge!

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Perfect princess bed for your little princess! Glad I never saw that when MY girls were little! Gald THEY never saw it!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

I love it! I've seen these before and thought to myself, if only we had a girl... She will love it for many years to come. Can I sleep over in the princess castle?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Caro said...

That is adorable, well worth the money IMO and I'm very frugal too. Or at least I try to be!

It suits her. It is a bed for a princess and with her adorable little chin and her curly hair she looks like a princess to me.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger mi said...

That is precious.

Growing up we had very little money, but somehow my parents made a dollar stretch very far. When I was 5 years old, we went shopping for my bedroom furniture. I picked out a set that was a dollhouse. Every piece of furniture (headboard, desk, dresser, cabinet and hutch) was a separate piece of dollhouse or village. The desk was a schoolhouse and the cabinet was the general store. My parents grilled me about being sure I would still like this set when I got older. Despite that being a totally unfair question for an excited 5 yr old, I assured them I would love it always. Each year for Chanukah I would get to pick out a piece of new miniature furniture and slowly my house was furnished and decorated with care. My bedroom was one big dollhouse until I got married and moved out. You know what? There was never one day I didn't absolutely love it.

Enjoy your castle sweet Ella.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home