UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It's all gone.

All went well today. I'm now Port-free!

All the doctors and nurses and technicians were really kind and wonderful. My husband cancelled all of his patients this morning so that he could be with me, and for that I am so thankful. When I arrived home in the late morning, I took a Vicodin and just crashed into the early afternoon while Sara cared for the kids. The rest of the day I was a little groggy, and somewhat sore where the operation took place, but I guess all that's to be expected. Daily life went on as usual.

I'm interested to see what sort of mark the surgeon left, but I can't take off the bandage until tomorrow. Actually, I'm not even sure how I'm going to manage to pull off this heavy-duty vinyl-like tape without ripping my skin off as well.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, well-wishes, and prayers for a successful procedure.

-------------------

And speaking of prayers, please continue to pray for my friend Andrea and her family, as she continues to give life to and have hope for and faith in the healing of Nathaniel. Please encourage others to pray as well. Andrea really is an amazing person and I'm so touched by her strength and faith these past few months.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well and that Melvin could be there with you.

Thank you for the kind words. It's having friends like you that make this journey a little easier to endure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home