UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Compliments

Usually, no matter what I make for dinner...no matter how much thought, time, or effort I put into it, no one is satisfied. Max is usually the easiest to please, but lately he's been quite vocal in letting me know what he likes or doesn't like. Ella hasn't been too keen on much of anything at dinnertime lately. And Cameron, well, let's just say that I have to literally run much of his meat under water, in order to rinse off any spices that might give a smidgen of flavor to his food. It's frustrating. (And to all my family members, please spare me the lecture about my childhood pickiness, I know, I know. It's all payback).

But tonight it was wonderful. I made grilled BBQ salmon, with garlic butter brocolli and rice. My own kids had their usual reactions, but my nieces countered their indifference and rejection with nothing but praise. "Auntie Cari, this is some good rice...Auntie Cari, I really like this salmon. Can I have some more....Auntie Cari, I like how you made this brocolli." And they weren't just saying it to be polite, because they actually went back for seconds, and sometimes thirds!


These four can visit me anytime. My ego needs it!


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger cg said...

what a gorgeous bunch of girls you have in your family!! Dont their compliments just make you feel like the most successfull mom in the whole wide world ;-P

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

They are so cute. Hopefully, you will be able to post a picture of all the kids together before they leave.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I've forgotten all about your pickiness, which was overshadowed by Dana sneezing into her hand at the dinner table and then running out of the room crying and screaming for a tissue. I'm just sayin.

-scott

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I love when somebody appreciates my cooking.

What a bunch of cuties they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home