UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Can I cry over spilt wine?

Doing things with 7 kids can be fun....or it can be a disaster. Often, because of all the bickering, arguing, insisting that someone is cheating or someone is calling someone names or someone looked at someone wrong, frustration rears its ugly head way too often...and we have to stop what we're doing.

So I should not have been surprised last night when our "simple game of Monopoly" started out quite fun, but then turned loud and obnoxious. It ended with my full glass of red wine being knocked down, splashing all over my favorite pair of white paints that I was wearing.

Rather quite symbollic of our attempts at amusement together.

I can't imagine how my trip to the Mall of America with all of them is going to turn out!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger LH said...

I keep thinking about you hanging out with SEVEN KIDS!
I hope you quickly refilled that glass before you did anything else.
Have fun at MOA! I'm loving summer down here in btown.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

You are CRAZY... MOA and seven kids! What are you thinking? You must really like tortue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home