UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, June 23, 2008

A battle wound

Pure exhaustion...that's what having 7 kids does to you. I can't imagine how my grandmother, who had 14 kids, did it. God bless her.

Tonight I was so tired (and this was after having a doubleshot latte to get through this afternoon), that I dozed off while watching a TV show. Not unsual. Except I had a wine glass (empty thank goodness), in my lap. Still in my slumber, I turned over to get comfortable...shattering the wine glass. Because the glass was sitting in my lap, well, the glass broke in a rather sensitive area.

Thank goodness my injury wasn't so bad that I needed stiches. Now that would have been an embarrassing ER visit!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I'm glad you weren't hurt. That would definitely not have been a fun visit to the dr.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger LH said...

geezlouise.
note to self...
leave wine glasses on
floor or nearby tables when dozing off.
thanks!

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the stories I get at CPS say anything, you make your older kids take care of your younger kids. That might be how Mom-Mom did it.

-scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home