UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Well-done

It was no April Fool's joke.

I'm officially all done being "baked."

I have to return in a week for the radiologist to check my skin.

And then I think in a few more weeks I have to start having some tests done, and meet with my oncologist again. (I'm a little confused about who I see when, but I'll get it all straightened out eventually).

Next step is to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon to discuss when I can have my preventative right mastectomy and complete reconstruction.

My husband and I were going to go out to celebrate tonight, but I was up for 4 hours last night with some sort of stomach virus (I'll spare you the details), and I seem to be running a slight fever.

So everyone drink a glass of wine for me (or a beer, a chocolate martini, a shot of anything, or a margarita), and celebrate the end of this phase of my treatment.

Breast Cancer Be Gone!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

WOO HOO!!!!!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

I call that "WOO HOO!!!!!!!", and raise you a PRAISE GOD!!!! :-)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

HOORAY!!!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger cg said...

yay I am so glad you are this far!!

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippe, Skippee, Hip Hip Hoorah!!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

"With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation."
Psalm 91:16

That is wonderful news! You met the challenge head on, looked it straight in the eyes, and defeated it. Praise God!

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO exciting Cari!! Love ya, Dana

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Slyde said...

god, what i wouldnt give for a chocolate martini right about now..

hang in there, sister...

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger mi said...

That is fantastic news! I think you label should be "un-sick." Yea!!!!!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Hope you are feeling better - and have either gotten that glass of wine and a dinner out - and maybe both!

Congrats

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely think a hearty 'Congratulations!!!' is in order.

I will open a good bottle of Carmenere after my walk and raise a glass for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home