UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Just the physical

Going through cancer treatments can be downright humiliating.

You get part of your body cut off.

You lose your hair.

You feel sick and weak.

You lose your eyebrows.

You lose your eyelashes.

Now with radiation my skin is so burned and raw it hurts to wear the bra that gives me my "boobs."

How much more freakish can I get?

Anyone have a catalog from Afghanistan? Because I'm thinking a Burka would be the perfect addition to my wardrobe right now!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Cari,
I am continually praying for you. Just know that you are loved and that God loves you the most! He's made you more than a conqueror (=SUPERCONQUEROR!!) in every situation: Rom 8:37-39: "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Love and (gentle) hugs!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Caro said...

You're not freakish. You're beautiful.

Now regarding the burqha (sp), I've longed for one myself at times. (facial hair issues)

So now you know my dirty secret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home