UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cinderella v. Snow White

Since there was no school on Friday, the kids had friends over to play. Cameron and Ben played tennis and boxing on the Wii for 2 hours straight. Max and Abby of course played princesses.

One time I overheard them screaming at each other back and forth, back and forth.

Abby: When I grow up I'm going to be the most beautiful princess!

Max: Well, when I grow up I'M going to be the beautifulest princess because I'm going to have a crown!

Abby: Well, when I grow up I'M going to be the most beautiful princess because I am going to have a crown, and earrings and glass slippers!

Max: Well, I'm going to have earrings, a necklace a bracelet and a crown so I'm going to be the most beautiful princess!

Abby: Well, I'm going to have jewels and a crown and glass slippers and make up and a wand so I'M going to be the most beautiful princess!

This went on for a good ten minutes. And they literally were screaming in each others faces.

The argument was so heated, I was waiting for the hair pulling, nail scratching and biting to begin. I was forced to interrupt their tirade before anything physical began.

Not very princess-like behavior. Not at all.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you purposefully buy him a "Prince Charming" shirt to avoid this type of play....cause it didn't work! Hah!

And happy belated b-day...the card is in the mail!

-s

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Actually, Sara bought it for him for Valentine's day. But I had to instruct his teacher, that even though it says Prince Charming on his shirt, do NOT call him that or he will start screaming and get all mad!

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are more "Diva" than "Princess" - don't ya think? hee, hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home