UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Definitely counting down.

My skin is getting better.

The goopy dressings are helping, and I'm now on a very altered radiation therapy regiment that is just focusing on the scar area. They call it the "booster." The radiation literally takes only a minute. Actually, it takes longer to set me up than the actual radiation!

The tech said that although it seems ridiculous to come out here for something so short, it's really important. I often wonder why radiating the scar is so important, but I don't ask, because I really don't care. Just do it, and be done with it!

I have 3 more. Only 3! Unless of course, they're joking. Because my last zap is on April Fool's Day!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Horray! Only 3 more!! You're in the final stretch, and you can see the finish line ahead! Praying for you and yours continually!!

Love & hugs!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jumper 2.0 said...

Despite the sense of humor some nurses may have (of which I know nothing about), they wouldn't joke about that!

Only 3, woo hoo.

Uno, dos, tres! (I'm watching Dora right now)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

Didn't you start on Valentine's Day - they have chose odd dates for you.

So happy it is somewhat almost over. Which mile would this be?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm so excited this is almost over for you and you can focus on healing.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I'm glad you're almost done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home