UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

10 more treatments

The side effects of radiation have hit me hard this week.

Up to this point, I hadn't felt any more fatigued than normal. As long as I had a short afternoon nap, or a nice latte, I was fine. If I was really tired, it was usually because Ella was keeping me up at night. But these past couple days I've felt really exhausted. Today I even had a 2 hour nap, and yet still, all evening I was functioning in quite the daze. Thank the Lord the kids have been pretty good about entertaining themselves.

My skin is still really bad. It hurts to have anything touching it. But I can't exactly go around topless! I saw the doctor today, and he said that because of the damage, they won't be using the bollus at all anymore. I have to change the dressings twice a day, and will be sporting the makeshift net tank top for the next couple weeks through radiation (my last one is April 1st), and a couple weeks afterwards. I did actually ask for black or hot pink....but they only have white.

Right now I just want some sleep...some wonderful, non-interrupted, non-drug induced, non-hotflash-filled slumber.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you can get a couple more of those tops, I bet we could dye them the color you want. I think I have some hot pink laying around here...

Ooo, la, la!!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Praying for you - hang in there! God is good and able!!!

Maybe you could do a tie-dye type thing with it in some 60's psychedelic colors!

Love & hugs!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Is Ella actually sleeping like that in the chair? Too funny!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger mi said...

I'm sorry the side effects are rough this week. Just try to look ahead...you'll get there!

That net top sounds oh so sexy!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home