UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

35!

Yesterday was my birthday.

But the festivities began the weekend before. On Friday, a group of my friends planned a gathering at a local restaurant. I didn't know it was to celebrate my birthday. I showed up to some balloons, a cake, some nice cards and gifts. It was such a great surprise. This group of ladies always brings me such happiness.

On Tuesday some ladies in the neighborhood got together for lunch to celebrate my birthday. About 11 of us were able to make. It was very nice. I've been a bit antisocial of late around the neighborhood, so it was good to reconnect with people again.

Yesterday my first gift began at 7 AM, when I woke up and realized that all 3 kids slept through the night and were still snoozing. Cameron usually wakes me up around 6 AM, so the extra hour of slumber was surely welcomed.

Cameron couldn't wait to give me the presents that he tried to steathily make the night before. I thought he just drew a bunch of pictures, but to my surprise, he did more than that. He wrote me a poem!




Now if that was the only present I received, and the rest of the world crumbled around me, my day would still have been perfect. I was touched by his kindness, especially because he never expresses such sentiments. I figured he just thought I was the evil mom who made him read all the time and wouldn't let him play video games. He also gave me some pictures and some coins from his wallet.

Max gave me the card that I helped him make the previous night.

Now I'm sure you're having no trouble figuring it out, but just in case you need a little help, to the right is a picture of me, and to the left it says "I Love Mommy"...just a little jumbled...but all the letters are there. He also spent much of the rest of the day making me a picture, then wrapping it up, and giving it to me to open.

Ella was the last one up, and came down the stairs shouting "Happy Birthday Cameron!" It took awhile to get her straightened out.

My husband also came home from his fishing trip, so that was great. While Sara watched the kids, Melvin and I went out to dinner and to a Bon Jovi concert. Bon Jovi was the first concert I had ever been to, back in high school, almost 20 years ago! So it was exciting to get to go again. It was a blast. And although they played a bunch of new songs that I didn't know, they played all the great classics as well.

So now I'm 35. Why does that sound so much older than 34?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Happy, Happy birthday!!! Celebrate the rest of the month!! You are loved and for very good reason! God's richest blessings on you and yours - may He bless you in an Ephesians 3:20 way today and everyday! Love you! You are His BEST!!

Love & EXTRA hugs!!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jumper 2.0 said...

Happy Birthday!

35!

Man, you're young!

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, woman! I'm glad you had good celebrations.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Ah, that card was the sweetest. I love those kind.

I'm 39 so you can't complain about your age. :)

Happy belated.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm always late (lol). The kids, Melvin, and all your friends did a good job. I'm sure you feel as special as you really are. May God continue to bless you. I just came from Taylor's 2nd birthday party at Chuckie Cheese.
Aunt Sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home