UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lunch break


After a very harried morning, I just wanted 10 minutes to sit down, enjoy my lunch and read a bit of the newspaper. Just 10 minutes.

Except everytime I tried to eat, something happened to pull me away from my food.

First, Ella kept trying to get into everyone's Easter candy. Then Max was screaming that she was eating his chocolate bunny. And I found sticky marshmallows smeared on the dining room table with Ella smiling as if she did something to be proud of.

After I cleaned all that up and tried to distract her with some Sesame Street, Max started screaming that he had to go potty, then proclaiming that he had a really big poop. "Want to see it, Mommy?" "No!" "Why not, it looks like a giant snake!" "Max, I'm trying to eat my lunch." Flush. "Uh oh! Mommy, something's wrong with the toilet!" Off I went to find the plunger.

Once I was done with that non-appetizing issue, I returned to my lunch, only to find Ella in my chair, with her hands in my rice, stuffing my food in her mouth. Just as I was about to take it away from her, she started to spit it all out onto my plate, shreiking, "Hot!"

Can't imagine why, but after all that, I just wasn't that hungry anymore.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Sounds like every meal we have here at the Johnson's... I would add that the boys constantly ask for more food and milk, even when their plates are still full and gl asses filled to the rim! Just plain annoying.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

This is why I like to eat lunch when Kyle is napping so I can have some PEACE and enjoy my food.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Oh Cari...
I love the way to write, and with such detail. You bring a smile to my face...because I am totally with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home