UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, April 18, 2008

The lone nerd


Cameron signed up for Chess Club recently. It was through Community Ed, with what I thought was a rather hefty fee attached to it, and lasted for 8 Thursdays, right after school. He loved it!

When it came time for signs up for the next session, I hesitated. Not only did the $89 fee leave me a little unsettled, but track was going to be starting soon, which also took place on Thursdays, causing a very harried evening trying to juggle activities and dinner.

But Cameron REALLY wanted to do it. He kept asking me if I had registered him yet. He was very excited to continue. I figured that Chess was a good thing, so despite my initial hesitation, I decided to go ahead and let him continue with it.

It was to start yesterday. But shortly after Cameron left for school, I got a phone call from Community Ed stating that Cameron was the ONLY one in all of our county to sign up for chess club, so they had to cancel it.

Needless to say, my little chess geek was very disappointed.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, guess TRACK won out!!...Running it is.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh, track was never out. It was just that I'd have to pick him up from school, rush him home to shove some dinner down him, the rush him (and Max) off to track practice.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's sort of heartbreaking...in a "at least that's one less reason to get beat up" kinda way.

-s

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger LH said...

I think that's sad. Do they have chess clubs for kids online?
My friend's kid had chess club at school and he was involved in an online chess group too. He was a little older tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home