UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Always up for a party

Being a typical American who likes Instant Gratification, I don't have the patience for breast cancer treatment. I just want the whole thing taken care of and have my life back to "normal." But as we all know, there is nothing "instant" about this treatment.

And as I've completed each step (surgery, chemo, radiation), I haven't been as excited as one may think I should be, because, well, there's still more. My life is still not back to normal. And so it's hard for me to want to celebrate.

But my friends know that a celebration is always in order! And last week they surprised me with a "pink day" in celebration of my completion of radiation.


These ladies have been such a source of prayer and support for me during this crazy year. And through it all, they help me keep my spirits up and warm my heart with their sincerity and compassion.


THANKS SPA MOMMIES!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I will say rejoice!"

Phil 4:4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home