UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Close enough


Today I had the opportunity to chaperone a trip to the Science Museum. The first graders were to see a movie at the Imax and then visit the different galleries. Cameron told me that the movie we were to see was about Apes.

At breakfast, we were discussing what we knew about apes (basically that they have no tails). And on the bus I was asking all the kids if they were excited to see the movie about the apes. "I'm sure the movie about apes will be really cool." Most of the kids were excited about seeing the furry creatures.
As the movie began, however, the huge dome screen was filled with nothing but snow and mountains. Now I may not know too much about apes, but I was pretty sure that they lived in the jungle, not in frozen climates.

It was then that I realized that we were about to see a movie not about apes, but about the ALPS!

The only primates in the film were the crazy ones scaling those dangerous cliffs, but the kids and I enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Apes or Alps – who knew!! Sorry the I-Max wasn’t what you expected, but the first thing *I* noticed in this photo is your proud Son wearing his “Crusaders” t-shirt.

Kudos to his Mom on her amazing journey!

Sending prayers your way

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Okay, that was hilarious! Still chuckling over that!

God bless!

Love & hugs

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger mi said...

So, they got to learn about two topics- apes and alps! See, even better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home