UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A dumb idea

Dear Grocery Store Owners,

You know those little kid-sized shopping carts that you store right next to the adult ones, as soon as you walk into the store? Why, oh why do you have them?

Parents don't like them. They cause nothing but trouble, as toddlers try to manuver the carts through the aisles as fast as they can, ramming into anything and everything, praying the whole time that the damn thing doesn't tip over when turning corners.

Other shoppers defintely don't like them, as they now must avoid these little monsters who have no "driving" skills whatsoever, trying to save their own carts, and their own ankles.

Store workers and managers can't possibly like them. It can't look good when kids are in the produce section, rubbing their germ-filled hands all over the exposed fruits and veggies. They can't possibly like it when the little munchkins drop half of what they decide to put in their cart, causing all sorts of messes. Plus, parents get frustrated much quicker, deciding to ditch the shopping experience all together, spending less money in their store.

The only person who benefits from these minature carts are the kids. And last time I checked, they weren't the ones forking over their hard-earned cash.

So please, ditch the mini-carts, and install some special cart-cages for those rambunctious kids of mine. It would be a much pleasant shopping experience all around.

Sincerely,
A frazzled mom of 3 kids

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

AMEN! You often see me in the grocery store carrying Felicity on one hip with one arm (her whole 30 pounds), grabbing everything else that I need with the other arm and often picking items off the floor that she has pulled out the cart and thrown! Why do I hold her? Because she can get out of any buckle that you put around her "strong willed" body and will then stand and flip out of the cart! We need shopping carts that are like dog kennels- so you can shut/lock the door and us Moms can carry on your shopping bliss!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Ha! Cute post. Our grocery store doesn't have these THANK GOODNESS! But, there is one in my older son's classroom and the younger one beelines for it and loads it up with his cup and blanky and pushes it down the hall and then I have to pry is little sticky fingers off and carry him kicking and screaming to the car...so I can relate. It's on his birthday list! But our store does have the car shaped carts that the kids can drive and the parents can push and they have a tiny basket for your food. We don't speak of these. My boys eye them curiously but I have never made mention of them and thankfully they have never asked to use one!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Cart cages- I like this idea. We've finally gotten to the point where grocery shopping isn't such a nightmare anymore. Of course that will all change in September with number three.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Mwahahahaha. I like this post.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Oh my gosh!!! LOL.
You should really send that to the store manager. You certainly aren't alone in these thoughts, and they are very well stated....

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger mi said...

I'll totally sign that petition! Fortunately, our regular store doesn't have these, but our alternate does. My little one thinks each aisle is the Logan Grand Prix.

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree. I hate those carts!! nightmare all around. I don't mind the cars that they sit in and I push, though. That's kind of a like a cage, if you think about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home