UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm so done with these scarves.

It has been 2 1/2 months since my last chemo treatment. Despite the fact that I've had my entire face waxed already, the hair on my head is not growing as quickly as I'd like it to.

Cameron looks at my locks and says, "You look like you have boy hair." And another little 3 year old girl told me yesterday when I wasn't wearing my scarf around the house that I definitely looked like a boy...it didn't even matter that I was sporting a princess crown.

So what can I do with super-short baby-fine hair to make me look less like a boy? I guess I could try the same thing that parents do to babies, so that people know their little one is a "Michelle" instead of a "Michael."
Barrettes! Lots of them.


It works for babies.

But I'm not sure it's working for me!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The short hair makes your eyes stunning. Viva la no scarves!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger cg said...

I agree :-) Your new do really brings your eyes out! I actually really like it

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Evan West said...

Your hair looks great! I have a friend who just finished her last round of chemo and is getting her new hair, too. It's a different color than before. Much lighter with interesting red highlights.

I miss that she doesn't look like a pirate anymore, though.

Peace

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

You look adorable. I am not kidding! I never realized your eyes where so blue.

Just a little more patience and your beautiful long locks will return.

But I really do love the barrettes! Heck, I probably have a couple of pictures somewhere with butterfly clips in my hair. And the picture would only be about 2 or 3 years old!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

I, too, noticed your eyes. What beauties! Short hair makes them pop! Play it up and work the makeup! Get big earrings and put the scarves around your neck! You can pull it off and look very chic!

Love & hugs!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

I agree too! You look great in the picture, it really does bring out your eyes. I think...no more scarves.

Traci

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one gorgeous pic...you are glowing or something...the short "do" is for you!!

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I knew why I kept your hair short as a child......it was all about showing off your big blues!!!
You look fantastic!!! Tell Cameron Pop Pop liked his do so much that he got his buzz this weekend. My turn next. Love, Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Hey Blue Eyes! You look fabulous and your spunk and good humor still amaze me! Sorry it was so windy this morning - I couldn't take another minute of the freezing wind...

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger mi said...

Actually, I think you look really cute. That short hair lets your beautiful face stand out. I say, put some pink highlights in, spike it up, and dare anyone to call you unfeminine!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Three words- pink glitter gel.

It won't be too much longer before your hair is long enough to "style."

I think you look great.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Keiko said you should spike it, too.

Maybe a fake nose ring, and some temporary tattoos (she didn't say that, I did! LOL!). J/K!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger thedrinkingbulter said...

Hey Cari! It's Tarisa's friend Bobby. You know, you could get finger waves. Those are always an alternative to short hair. You look very much like the model Twiggy!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Caro said...

You look cute. Your eyes are gorgeous.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger LoveHopeFaith said...

Beautiful girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home