UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Is it Monday yet?

My husband has been away on a much-deserved fishing trip, so I've been flying solo this weekend.

I'm lucky that I have some great friends and neighbors helping me out by coming over to keep me company, having some of my kids go to their house, etc.


Despite everyone's help, I didn't get any naps in. And my kids' 6 AM wake-up calls were really taking their toll. Tonight I was just exhausted.

So tired that I actually gave the kids cereal for dinner. Yes, just plain old cereal.

I've NEVER done that before, and certainly don't want to get into the habit of it. But I was just beat and had no energy or desire to cook anything.

So at least they ate something. And they were actually very happy about it!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Hey, they didn't go to bed hungry that's what I say. There have been nights where NyCee had a hotdog or peanut butter sandwich.

They'll survive.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Ann said...

You should mix it up more often - how about pizza for breakie.

It is odd we all develop what is proper at each meal - nothing wrong with cereal.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not the only one-been theredone that. Hi Cari what can we do to fix this email situation? I really want to keep in touch.
Love Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home