UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm too sexy for this skin.

After having my mastectomy, my skin in that area and under my arm has been fairly numb. The lack of sensation was quite annoying at first, but then I've just gotten used to it. With my radiation, it has actually been a blessing. Because what one person described as feeling 20 times worse than your worst sunburn, has been mostly pain-free for me. Although it looks horrible, I didn't really feel too much discomfort. Until this weekend. It seemed more "prickly," and in some particular areas just plain painful. It also now itches like hell.



Today after my radiation, one of the very kind techs looked at my skin and said that it was beginning to break open. I noticed some parts being much redder, but I didn't realized that this is what was occuring. The tech sent me right to a nurse for some dressings.


And "dressed" me she did....in a fish-net stocking! No really. She had white elastic fishnet material over her arm. She cut holes with some scissors and told me that my arms would go there. I started laughing, becauseI thought she was joking. The net was so small. But it streteches. And over my head it went, covering my entire torso, strong enough to hold the wet, soothing bandages in place, but loose enough as not to cause any pain.


I am literally wearing a fishnet tank top.



I think I'll see if they have black tomorrow. It would be much sexier, don't ya think?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez, cari. your poor skin. i do like the fishnet top, though. oo la la. ;) also, i feed shef mac and cheese for dinner every night. i do suggest alternatives, but he won't bite.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you have an outfit for Easter and you didn't have to shop!

Seriously, honey, ouch! I will keep praying for your poor skin.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger cg said...

Ouch that looks sore! Reading your post got me smiling this morning girl, you have such a tongue in the cheeck way of sharing your experiences!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

I love your humor!! Maybe a hot pink one! Still praying for and with you, especially for your skin healing up quickly! Only a few more days of this, right? What's that, like 285 yards?

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Ouch! That looks miserably painful. Love the fishnet though.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Dang, black would be fierce! Maybe even a little tranie...
Heidi Klum-watch out!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Definitely tranie!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Caro said...

You are very 80's Madonna. You go in your fishnet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home