UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's okay to chuckle....although I really just want to scream.

Ya gotta see the humor in it.

Despite the peach fuzz that is beginning to grow back on my head, I’m losing hair elsewhere. My eyelashes are starting to fall out. They’re not just thinned out, but from my inner corner to the middle of my lid, they’re just gone. So I can’t even use mascara to try to enhance them. I bought some fake eyelashes to try to use when my husband and I go out this week. But I’m farsighted..which means I can’t see things close without my glasses. But I have to have my glasses off to apply the lashes. This should be interesting.

I drove down to Hastings to pick up a mastectomy bra that I had ordered. A sexy black lace bra…to fit my fake boobs in. What a turn on that will be for my husband.

Two more side effects from the Taxol that I’m experiencing are acne…which is popping up all over my chin, and hotflashes...which occur about 15 times a day. What an oxymoron--acne and hotflashes…puberty and menopause. So I’m like a teenager going through menopause. Can you imagine how pleasant I must be to live with!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger mi said...

Wow...it all sounds so romantic when you put it like that. Black lace bra and all. Have fun on your outing at least.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Try to enjoy the alone time, with just the two of you!!

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these symptoms are just in preparation for those menopause years. If you and Melvin can make it through this, those future years will have few surprises and should be a breeze. Happy Anniversay!!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Unfortunately I can imagine as every since my hysterectomy after finding out I had cancer, and the resulting chemo I have suffered through endless acne and hotflashes. It is so not fun, and I hate it - and now that I am reconstruction phase and I am getting my saline injections in my exoanders, I feel like I am in puberty with acne and bee stung boobs- ah but at least I am getting there. Just hope that the acne problems end soon, like once I get my actual boobs, but since it's been nearly 3 years I don't think it's going to end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home