UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

More poison.

I finished round 7 (of 8) of my chemo today.

Not sure where that falls on my marathon analogy scale. If I did my algebra correctly, I think it's just past mile 22.

And just like in a real marathon, my legs are killing me. But not from the chemo (yet), but from the fact that I decided to run/walk 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I haven't run in over a month...so I am feeling it today. It's a good pain though. If this round follows the pattern of my last rounds, in a few days, the bad pain will start. But I'll worry about that when/if it hits.

No pain, no gain!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Kimberly,

I'm not really an expensive jewelry kind of gal (although it was fun getting that white ribbon wrapped robin egg blue box at the end of the Nike Women's Marathon). Your second option...now you're talking...but I'll wait until I finish my third marathon. Chemo is my first. Radiation is my second. And complete reconstruction (which is actually a few month process..not just one surgery), is my third. Then that tropical, sandy, expensive reward will not just be requested...but demanded.

Thanks for the constant encouragement and much-needed prayers. I would be truly lost without you ladies!

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for and with you continually! Phil. 1:3 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."

Love & hugs,
Jaye

P.S. - You put me to shame - running more than I (though I am getting over an ankle strain, but still!). Love your strength!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Ann said...

You are an english major aren't you - I think that calculation is fractions, not algebra!

Congrats - gosh, didn't realize you had so much more to go.

Hugs.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger LH said...

Hey C, I just finished SLAM and liked it quite a bit.
Teendaughter got the new Sherman Alexie book so I might start in on that. Or this book called Spud, described as the South African Catcher in the Rye. Hmmmmmm...
Sending good thoughts your way my dear.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Actually, I think it's a combo of fractions and algebra.

7/8 = x/26

Am I correct Math majors?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home