UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another side effect

Besides the shooting leg pains that I experience on the chemo Taxol, there's another side effect that's just quite odd....numbness in my fingertips and toes.

The sensation (or lack there of) can be comparable to when you go outside in the winter for too long (for me too long would be more than 2 minutes!). You know, when you're so cold that your extremities are just numb. You end up coming inside and rubbing your fingers and toes until the blood circulates properly and you can feel them normally again.

Well, that's what Taxol does to me...except I'm not outside. The odd thing is that I'm continually rubbing my fingers and toes trying to "warm them up" even though they're not even cold.

It's a Pavlovian reaction, I guess. And just a temporary, annoying side effect.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home