UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This year I will.....


I volunteer in Cameron’s classroom every other week. It’s fun because I get to help out, see what’s going on in the classroom (since Cameron tells me nothing), and I am able to see all the displayed work in the classroom and in the hallway. Today I had to compose myself before entering the classroom after reading one of the Cameron’s written pieces hanging outside of the classroom.

Cameron’s teacher had the kids write about their New Year’s Resolutions. As I glanced at them, searching for Cameron’s, I discovered the kids had written some really nice goals. Most involved something like not fighting with their siblings, keeping their room clean, helping out around the house. Reading those I was especially eager to see Cameron’s kind ambitions for the year.

This is what I found on his:
#1. I want to get better at playing Playstation.
#2. I want to tag less harder at playing tag. (Apparently they get a little rough at recess).
#3. I want to learn how to help Patrick in playing Madden better. (Madden is a football game on Playstation).

If he thinks we’re going to change the rule of “Playstation only on the weekends” so that he can work on his resolutions, he better think again.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Very cute...I wonder what Lincoln's says. I never get a chance to volunteer. I may need to pick them up from school someday and check it out.

Great job Cari! You put your foot down to "weekends only" right away! On the other hand, I did not. They ate, slept and spent every waking hour wanting to play XBox. I finally (after a couple of weeks) said weekends only and a 2 hour limit! They are now a little more "human" and existing in the real world! What an addiction for little boys and "big" boys!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

It's in the male chromosome - it's called the "Playstation" gene, hahaha!

I love that picture - Ella and Cameron look so much alike - they have the same profiles, except Ella looks like a little version of Cam in a wig! ;-)

Love & hugs!

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...well, who ever said your kids were normal!!! (ha ha)...Love ya, Dana

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

That's so funny. I'm glad we haven't given into the video game pressure yet. In Jacob's class this week they're allowed to bring a toy from home to play with during their free choice. Guess what ALL the boys have been bringing (except Jacob) - Nintendo DS's!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Hee hee, he's too cute.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger mi said...

Well, I really like the activity the teacher introduced in picking goals. Maybe you want to readdress it at home? Good thing you have the weekend only rule!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home