UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Getting through the day

My husband only had a couple hours of sleep last night and then was at the hospital all day and evening, doing a handful of c-sections. It's 7:30 now, and he's still not home.

Cameron had basketball practice in the morning, and spent most of the rest of the day here with an old preschool friend, playing Lego StarWars...the Complete Saga.

With my chemo on Thursday this week, I was too weak and tired to do much of anything.

But my two youngest decided that if I wasn't taking them anywhere today, they were going to see how many times they could raid the fridge, pantry and cabinets, keeping themselves entertained with food.

Here they are enjoying their second yogurt of the day.

When is this weekend over?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

That's how I feel most days! Today was no exception! Felicity is a "monkey" and into everything!!! This morning I took the boys to ski jumping practice (skipped bball) and Tom put Felicity down for a nap at 10:15 am! So, can you guess who had to chase her and take care of her the rest of the day (ME)! Hope you feel better soon! Those days/nights of them being at the hospital get long and old FAST!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cari- this sounds very rough to me. i hope they're sleeping now and you're having some wine.

also, i noticed that melvin is a top doc. congrats to him, and perhaps this is why he's so busy? Maybe you should encourage him to just be a good-enough doc, and then fewer women will want him to deliver their babies. ;)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Well, at least they were eating yogurt which is good for them. :~P

P.S. To your friend fantastic four, I would have bopped my husband in the head for letting my child take a nap at 1015A!

Hopefully, things will calm down for each of you soon.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max....wearing his girly headband again (does Ella ever wear them??)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home