UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sanctuary

Today my friend Kimberly arranged a time at the Juut Spa for the two of us. They have a wonderful program for cancer patients, called Sanctuary for Cancer Survivors, offering a complimentary service. I chose a facial.

I had never had a facial before. It was so nice and relaxing. While lying there I was thinking that maybe I could do this more often. You know, like every couple weeks or something.

When signing out I asked for the actual price of the service so that I could tip properly. For a 30 minute facial, the price was over $100!

All thoughts of a routine facial suddenly disappeared.

But it was nice while it lasted!

Thank you Kimberly and to Juut!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are cheaper facials! don't give up - just call around to a few places. BUT, what a nice thing for juut to do.

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a facial at the Juut in Roseville once...it was FABULOUS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home