UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, November 05, 2007

The numbers

Round Three of Chemo over.

Five more to go.

Ugh.

The end of this week's Desparate Housewives showed Lynette, who was just told that she was cancer-free, and the voice over saying "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger."

That was my friend Lanette and I's mantra when training for our first marathon.

She's counting my chemo down by marathon miles. She's the math professor. So I'll let her do the exact calculations. But I think I'm somewhere between mile 9 and 10.

Wish I was burning those calories as well!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Do we need to plan a celebration? Your'e almost 1/2 way done with the chemo girlfriend...

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I didn't realize you had to go through so many rounds. I'll bet those friends of yours throw you the best post-chemo party ever.

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about a post-chemo party. Already been thinking about it... Cari, you have to think of where you want to go/what you want to do and I'll do the rest!!!

Lanette

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger LH said...

that's a LOT of chemos. ugh.

I'm reading the new Gordan Korman, Schooled. Pretty good. Let me know what you think.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I PROMISE it will be over and you'll feel so proud of yourself for having done it. You are doing a great job of taking care of yourself Girl! Don't forget that. Write me again if you need questions answered or any more help with anything. I may be all the way in Jersey but am totally keeping tabs on you. I was two years out on Nov 3. This WILL be you too and you'll back and wonder how you ever did it and KNOW how strong you were. Hang in Missy!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in for the party, too! I'll bring the wine! Continually praying for you! Love & hugs!

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here to party with you too Cari!!! Dana

There is nothing better to celebrate than to celebrate life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home