UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

3 year old conversations


Conversation with Max as he was purposefully ambling toward the street in downtown Minneapolis tonight.

"Max, do you want to get hit by a car?"

"Yes," he grinned.

"You know little kids have died because they got hit by a car," I said, hoping the shock factor would snap some sense into him.

"Then I'll be in heaven." he simply stated.

"Yes, but your mommy and daddy won't be in heaven with you."

"Well, God will be my daddy," he responded matter of factly.

"Um, yes, He will."

"And who will be my sister?"

"No one will be your sister. Because your sister and the rest of us will still be here on earth."

"Then my sister, and my brother, and my mommy and my daddy can get hit by cars, too."

Obviously that conversation didn't go as I had planned.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max should be a lawyer, with logic like that....

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

HA! That was classic.

He is the reason that I must come and visit. He will keep me in stitches.

Have a great day!

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but his logic is flawless.

-s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home