UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Together again.

My parents have been married for almost 37 years....high school sweethearts.

Obviously my mom's presence here means that she's not at home with my dad. This is the longest they've ever been apart!

My dad came for an extended weekend of hanging out, relaxing and playing with the kids...which involved one very extended swing pushing episode with Max in the chilly air, and a marathon of kids' movies. At first Ella would not utter a sound when he was in the room. But she eventually warmed up to him and became quite the chatterbox again.


I'm so glad he came and hope that he can endure a few more weeks of an empty house and crappy dinners!

Thanks Dad!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and good grandpa time for the kids.
I'm sure your dad would endure anything for you. I few more weeks of missing his wife and crappy dinners is nothing in his mind, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home