UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Obviously the buying season.

Today we reached an all time high:

Oriental Trading
Pottery Barn Baby
HearthSong
Magic Cabin
Mrs. Fields
Terry's Village
Brookstone
Hanna Andersson
Wine Country Gift Baskets
Lillian Vernon
The Company Store
What on Earth
Plow and Hearth
World Vision

FOURTEEN catalogs were in my mailbox today. 14.
I will probably order from only the one that I actually requested..the non-profit one (World Vision).

What a waste.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Are you serious? You received all those catalogs when you actually only wanted the one? Amazing!

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, tell me about it. I got a catalog from Tiffany's! Addressed to ME?! Are you kidding me?? Talk about weird...

I have to keep reminding the fam it's the GIVING season, not the GIM'ME season, but all those catalogs DO NOT help!!

Just wait until the toys-r-us one shows up... groan...

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Toys R Us one....isn't that the one where you asked Cam to circle what he wanted one year and he circled pretty much everything, so you stopped doing that..and then after Christmas he could not understand why he didn't get EVERYTHING he circled. Dana

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm buried in catalogues too, must just be that time of year. I used to do a lot of shopping on line but these days I just don't seem to have the time. [I have a little Ella too]
Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home