UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

To Be Thankful


When your life is turned upside down, you can’t help but see and recognize all that you should be thankful for, and this year I have so much.

I’m thankful for my mom, who dropped everything to fly out here 1000 miles away, putting her life on hold for a few months to help me through the hardest parts of this cancer.

I thank my dad urging her to go.

I thank my husband for the love, knowledge and support he’s given me through this whole process, and for putting up with all the bad stuff that I throw at him.

I thank my kids for getting me out of bed every morning and keeping me laughing.

I thank my nanny Sara for just being so flexible, being around whenever I need her.

I thank my Mom’s Spiritual Spa group; individually and collectively you’ve been such an inspiration and support the 2 ½ years we’ve been together.

I thank my wonderful neighbors and friends who have supplied me with flowers, goodies and lots of meals.

I thank my family and friends for all of their much-needed prayers.

I thank my long-distance family and friends for all the little gift packages.

I thank all my blog readers for their thoughts, prayers, comments, and e-mails.

I thank my doctors, nurses, and modern medicine for helping me fight this cancer and keeping me healthy.

And most of all I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the strength, peace, and enlightenment He has given me during my time of need.

“Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” Phillippians 4:6.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

What a lovely blog entry.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog entry! We do have so much to be thankful for. God has blessed us with so many good things!

I'm thankful for your life, too!

Your table looks great! Ella is so cute!

This year, I did disposable (except for the wine glasses!) But I'm sure you'll get a few pics from my sis. ;-)

Love & hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home