UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

A good time

Cameron had off from school on Thursday and Friday, so Melvin took off work on Friday and is not on call Saturday or Sunday. We have deemed this weekend to be "Family Fun Weekend."

The kids decided that our family fun would begin on Friday at 5:30 AM, when Ella trotted into the boys room to wake them up...then waking me up.

After a very. long. morning. of puzzles, castles, TV and some flinging hard toys at each other mixed with kicking each other, then some time outs in bedrooms, Daddy finally woke up around 10:30, after spending all night at the hospital.

We settled into lunch and a game of Monopoly. Cameron rendered us bankrupt!

After some much needed naps all around, we headed to Block E in Minneapolis for some dinner, bowling and arcade games.

My mom used to be in a bowling league when I was a little girl, but said she couldn't remember when was the last time she bowled.

Still got it baby!

Cameron getting ready to bounce his ball off the bumpers.

Max getting a little help from Daddy.

Ella waiting her turn.

The winning form!

It is FINALLY supposed to stop raining today. Which means, along with probably the rest of the Twin Cities, we might head to the apple orchard (the one with the winery attached of course). The Family Fun continues!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

It is great to see you guys have a "Family FUN Day." It is well deserved. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and the winery. Oops, I mean apple orchard. SMILE!!!

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend Cari- I'll hope for a sunny day tomorrow. Ella's hair is SO SO cute in that picture by the way
L

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. OK, really off topic: I live in CA. And I need to order some Tupperware. $195 worth according to the Tupperware website.

Does it make any kind of sense to order it from your cousin's site? Who winds up getting stuck with the shipping costs? Your cousin? That doesn't seem fair. Me? If they're costs I would incur anyway, what the heck? Why not? Why not earn some credit for someone I know, at least sort of?

How does this whole Tupperware thing work anyway?

lh's CA friend mary (of bob & mary)

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you guys having fun! There seems like a lot to do in your area (a lot of really fun things!). I'm sure you enjoyed the winery - I'd like to sample some Minnesota wines (taste my way through the U.S.A.!). God bless!!!

Got the pics developed from the race last week - I'll be sending them shortly! Love & hugs!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

lh's friend Mary,

When I ordered from my cousin (who lives in Michigan), I had to pay the shipping cost as well, and it was delivered directly to me in a couple days. If you have any other questions, there's a link on her site with her e-mail, so she should be able to help you out! Good luck!!!!!

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari...Are those the pants that Melvin was supposed to get rid of??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home