UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Normal? or maybe not.

I keep saying I want for things to be as normal as possible in our house for our kids while all this cancer stuff is going on. So Cameron will still have soccer and he’ll be starting scouts, Max will still be heading to preschool 2 mornings a week, and Ella will be hanging out around the house as usual…maybe I’ll even find a music class for her.

But after this morning, maybe everything being normal isn’t exactly what I want to strive for. Take our “normal” morning today. Cameron wakes up around 6:30 AM, and the others not long after. Ella drinks all the milk out of her cereal bowl, then dumps the cereal out on the table and tosses the bowl, letting me know she’d rather have Cameron’s oatmeal instead. Later she manages to finagle half a cookie out of me, but tosses it across the table as well, because she wants the whole thing. Then she opts instead for a banana, which she smushes all over the table, chairs and up and down her arms…just because she can I guess. And she found a marker...need I say more?

Also what is fairly normal in our household is Cameron asking at least 9 times before 10 AM if he can have a friend over to play Lego Star Wars. And when I continually tell him it’s too early, he decides to occupy himself by terrorizing his brother and sister, chasing them around the house threatening to eat them. Their response includes ear splitting screams as they try to hide around me. Basically, all hell breaks loose.

And what’s typical for Max is whining….all…morning…long.

So maybe I don’t need everything to be so normal after all. .

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Okay Cari- Your house is normal. At least I like to think it is normal because that is what my house is like!!!!

Traci

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger mi said...

Aaah, the joyful chaos of children!!! Why, that might be enough to distract you from all you are facing. How wonderful!!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I love those pics. I agree those ear-splitting shrieks are like nails on a chalkboard.

Of course nobody has chalkboards anymore. They're replaced with white boards. Then at the beginning of the school year the teacher gets us for at least one of those packages of SIX DOLLAR MARKERS! Gack!

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

What in the world is that Max has on his head! It looks like a diaper! Annoying that as it may be, normal is GOOD! Still praying for a healing everyday!

Love,
Auntie Nita

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, next time, I will preview my comment before publishing it. I see a grammatical error. What I meant to say was "annoying as it may be, normal is GOOD!

Auntie Nita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home