UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another good one

Today I had an MRI. Right before they gave me the test, they told me it would be really loud. I thought to myself: It can’t be any louder than the screams of my 3 year old when my 6 year old chases him around the house, terrorizing the poor kid.

But I was wrong. It was beyond loud. Think of your child’s most annoying noisemaking toy. No, change that, think of FIVE different annoying noisemaking toys. Make sure you include one that makes a machine gun sound, one that does a pulsing buzz, one that hammers, one that drills, etc. And then put the toy next to your ear and turn it on and up to full volume.

And now imagine it being ten times louder. That’s what my MRI was like.

Needless to say, there was no napping during this test.

But the results were good. There was no other cancer found. So praise God for that!!!!!

I’ll have more info tomorrow when I meet with the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Then I’ll know more about our plan of action and I’ll update then.

Again, a heartfelt thanks to everyone!

And now for a little chuckle, completely unrelated to anything about me or my family, if you're looking to waste time and just want to read some very useless but bizarre article, check out this one about the sex lives of beetles.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger KC said...

I am so glad both tests came out favorably.

you're doing a great job.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! God is AWESOME!!! He wants you to be healthy, too! III John 2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." Keep believing - we're gonna keep praying! You are the best!

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God, Cari!!! That is great news. I have been thinking about you a lot and praying for you and your family. (And I will continue to) You are handling this all with such a great attitude.


You are a strong woman!

Shannon

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news! Praise God! I'm so happy to hear this.

Andrea

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thrilled with the results from your tests. We'll keep praying for you!

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo on your results!

And the beetle thing - it's just weird. I can't wait until my next dinner party...I will have such a conversation starter! hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home