UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The usual mess

Whenever I decide to get a shower after the kids are already awake, it’s always a gamble that I’m taking. I never know what I’m going to come down to. Today was no exception. While I was in the shower, Cameron carried Ella into the bathroom, kicking and screaming, and said, “You’re not going to believe what Ella did!”

“Now what?” I asked with fear and fatigue. She had already taken off her diaper and peed on the carpet this morning.

“Oh, you don’t want to know.”

“Just tell me.”

He then went on to explain that when Max woke up, he was getting him some Trix cereal. He gave Ella some to try as well. After he poured Max a bowl, Ella grabbed the brand new box from him and dumped the whole thing onto the table and floor.

I lingered in the shower, not wanting to face the disaster in the kitchen. But I was pleasantly surprised when I came downstairs to Max and Cameron trying to clean up Ella’s mess.


Max said, “Ella made a REALLY BIG MESS!”

“Yea,” said Cameron. “She really needs a time out.”


To which Max agreed, and they continued to discuss Ella’s naughtiness and how I should proceed in punishing her.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger cg said...

Oh Cari, have not been here in a while, just read about your cancer and Cam's epilepsy. Sending you a big warm hug.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...because the boys have NEVER dumped out cereal...yeah, okay. Uh, sure.

Those boys are in so much trouble when she learnes to tell on them!!

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It begins....the never-ending struggle of "two-against-one". The combinations will always change, though, so don't be surprised later on when Ella teams up with one of her brothers against the other - take it from one who knows! Hahaha!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Well, I am proud of Cam for attempting to clean up Ella's mess. He is getting so big and I am sure a great helper.

Besides, as the older sibling of a clan of three, I know that it is better to clean up the mess than to let the mess sit there. Because somehow as the oldest child, I was in trouble because my younger sisters made the mess and "I know better!" HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home