UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fiction...but real.

Finally, my guilty pleasure started tonight. (Okay, I should clarify that ONE of my guilty pleasures has started tonight, as I've developed several lately). Desperate Housewives finally has aired.

And the housewife I've always identified with..Lynette...with the 4 kids, who's always seemed so harried, who's hair is always in a pony tail, who has struggled between the decision to be a mom and the decision to go back to work...well, now I have something else with which to identify with her.

No we both get to go through cancer together.

I'd sure love to know where she got her wig. Because it's a thousand times better than mine!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

I also like Lynette, she makes me feel like my household is normal! You were the first person that came to my mind last night when I was watching it! I was hoping you watched the show. There are so many people who do not like it; however, I think I continue to watch it because of Lynette- Plus her real name is Felicity! That was who Tom named Felicity after because she had three boys and one girl on the show-
Traci

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of "Desperate Housewives", I think the term "desperate" turned me off right away. I have no criticism of the show, because I haven't even seen one, but since it has some relevance to your life, Cari, I may try to catch one episode. If being able to identify with this character gives you some comfort, or insight, or hope, or any little thing, that's great!! Keep watching!!!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I haven't watched Desperate Housewives in a few years (I don't watch any serial televion - no time!) I like Lynette the most as well - 3 boys and 1 girl,working mom - no wonder! I will pass on the cancer though.

Good luck with the poison this week - I heard from a friend of mine while she was on chemo that eating small bits (akin to morning sickness) helps a lot. It took her several weeks to figure that one out. Will be thinking of you.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Jana said...

I was thinking of you during the show too. But I am so glad you are not like Lynette in that you are trying to be "strong" and keep it a secret from your family. I know it is just tv but what is up with that??? Good luck with the start of chemo this week. I'll be thinking of you.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I'm sure it's one of those thousand dollar wigs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home