UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wig Woes

Today Sara and I (and Max and Ella) went wig shopping. We found some place in Uptown that had dozens of wigs. One would think that with all my options, I’d be able to find something. That this could actually be a little fun. But as I feared, I didn’t like anything on me.


You know when you’re watching a TV show and someone is wearing a wig to disguise themselves (usually with a big pair of sunglasses), and it’s so obvious that they’re wearing a wig? Well, that’s what I felt every wig looked like.


The only one that looked like it could have potential…the one with real human hair that apparently Tyra Banks wears…cost $1,000! Ridiculous!


Sara helped me pick out the least of all the evils, and although she said it looked cute, to me it really just looks like a silly wig.

I actually bought two. Can you guys which one Max insisted I purchase?



He said I looked like one of the Doodlebops! And to him, that was just very cool!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Don't get the “woes” about not finding a wig you like. I could never wear wigs. I have tried expensive ones, cheap ones and everything in between. I just don't have the head for it. My face is too little and I feel like a mop is on my head.

Find your own style. Maybe the colorful scarves that you referenced before would suit you better. But I must admit, that the pink one is kind of funky and sheik in a retro kind of way. Now, just get your nose, tongue, lip, eyebrow, and any other visible body part pierced and you will be fine! You should fit right in at the next PTA meeting.

Just kidding!! (smile)

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not have fun with it!!

It will be fun to wear a pink wig!

The Blonde wig looks very cute and will look GREAT on you!!

I just want you to know that I keep you in my daily prayers and some with your entire family!!

I have passed you on to a couple close frinds of mine, so you are in there prayers also!

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which one did Ella choose?

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Cari.. If there is one thing I know, its wigs, and GOOD ones. The only way for you wig to not look "wigish" and look like it could actually be yours would be to get a lace front human hair wig. They have all the perks of real hair, wash it, curl it, blow dry it, color it and cut it. There's a lot of good sites out there that are a lot less than $1000. I will send you some links.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

This is a good time to be experimental. Be a red head or a brunette! Go short or get an afro!
Have fun! Be adventurous and courageous!

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to be anonymous!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I think a few look great (pink maybe not so!) I like what wiferhood suggested - perhaps scarves will be a great option. One positive thing - at least it is winter, I imagine wigs are really hot!

I hope all my comments come across OK. I think and worry about you a lot. You must tell us (me) when to tread lightly on the sensitive issues.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I would have purchased the pink one and got a really funky scarf to go over it.

I like the pink one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home