UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Some cooperation

Max and Ella usually get along so well (when she’s not throwing one of her I-want-my-way fits). They play together, watch TV together, swing together, and just plain hang out together.

They often like to sit on their booster seats in the pantry. When you open the door, they scream at the top of their lungs and laugh!

But the other day, they decided to just chill out in the pantry, hiding under blankets. Sara said they sat there still as can be, not moving a muscle!


Often, when Cameron enters the picture, the harmony gets out of sync, as his idea of fun is doing whatever he can to make them scream in fear, running to me in tears. But sometimes, things just click.

Last night Cameron had some extra math pages that his teacher told the kids to skip, but I make him do them at home anyhow. When Max heard that Cameron was doing his homework, Max insisted on working in his preschool “homework” book as well.

Both boys looked so cute concentrating on their worksheets. And Cameron was more than happy to help Max with his “opposites” pages, independently demonstrating for him the words’ meanings. Here he is showing Max the difference between ON and OFF.

He’s not supposed to be standing on the ottoman, but I just sat back and enjoyed the lesson.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I see a picture of Cam at home....he has his shirt off.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger mi said...

It's so nice when they get along! Love the two in the pantry. Very cute.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Those are the moments that help me remember why I'm doing this whole parent thing. (vs. the moments when I'm hiding in the bathroom with a book.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home