UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Feeling her spirit


Yesterday was the second anniversary of my dear grandmother’s death. She was so incredibly special to me and I miss her immensely. Although, I am glad that she doesn’t have to go through this cancer with me, because she was such a worry wart, and I wouldn’t want her worrying about me all the time. However, I wish she was around for me to talk to. I am not a phone person…I really don’t like chatting on the telly. But she could call me every day if she wanted to, just to check to see how I was doing, and it wouldn’t annoy me in the least. I would look forward to her calls.

As I begin my poison this week, in my Slash/Poison/Burn strategy of attack, I’ll be thinking a lot of my Mom-mom, who went through chemo for stomach cancer. Because she lived in New Jersey, I wasn’t around for her treatment, but everyone told me that she approached it with courage and grace. She wore her wig proudly and always looked so well put together.

I hope I can endure my chemo with the same spirit, strength, and spunk as my Mom-mom.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger cg said...

Cari - You are an inspiration to the woman and the mother in me!! Love you and sending you a hug

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You already have that spirit - perhaps even a double portion! Don't underestimate yourself - you and God make a majority in EVERY situation, and you've shown such strength and spirit from day ONE (even though you may not think so)!

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a part of Mom-Mom and she passed her spirit on to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home