UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

They finally won...I guess


This is Cameron’s third year playing soccer. He loves it and is quite aggressive…meaning, he’s pretty good….I think…from a parent’s standpoint.

When given Cameron’s original soccer schedule, oddly there were no games assigned to this weekend. This worked out well, since my best friend Lanette was flying in from Philly for a brief visit.

However, last weekend, I learned that there was actually a “Soccer Jubilee” in place for this Saturday. This involved 3 half-hour games in a 3 hour time period. One at 9:35, one at 10:35, and the final one at 11:35. Who thought this would be fun? (None of the parents that I talked to).

On the flyer, it said that representatives from the competitive soccer league and trainers would be available during the jubilee. The kids are SIX, do they need trainers?

Fortunately, my neighbor across the street offered to take Cameron with her to the early games. I arrived with my crew just as the 2nd game was ending. Unfortunately, they had lost both of them.

But the third game was something else. Even Cameron, who hates when he has to sit out, was exhausted, and asked for a break. His red cheeks worried me, as the sun beat down upon them. But after some Gatorade and time in the shade, he was ready to attack that goal again.

And they actually won. Finally, it seemed that they were able to dominate the other team for a change….even with the kid on their team who always picks up the ball with his hands….even when he’s not goalie! Cameron’s team actually won a game. And he scored a couple goals.

Okay, they played a girls’ team…but most of the girls were taller than them. So they still won, fair and square….I think.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

I agree- I only went to one and then had to rush off; however, three games in three hours for 6 year olds is a little much! Lincoln was upset that he was not there for the win! About your comment on my blog- only mom's with 3 or more kids would understand the exhausting effects of being solo and having tons of things that HAD to be done in a certain time frame! Hope you had fun this weekend with your friend here!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah cameron! that's what i'm talking about! i'll show him some moves when i come out to visit.

-s

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

S-
Um, didn't your team lose every game? Maybe Cameron can show you some moves!!!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhh....oh yea, forgot about that. but it wasn't MY fault!!!!

-s

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A win is a win - in fact, playing a boy's team would probably help toughen those girls up! Glad my sis made it out to you - hope you had some good "me" time with her! (Hope that made sense!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home