UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, September 17, 2007

At least my toes don't hurt

I’ve mentioned before that amongst all this cancer stuff, I want things to stay as normal as possible around the house…especially with the kids. So I’ll have Ella sit on my lap when I’m reading to her, even though I have to be totally guarded about my left side, and the entire time I’m uncomfortable because I’m worried that she’s going to fling her head against my chest.

I try to make sure that my afternoon nap ends before Cameron gets off the bus so I can greet him, as he runs to me asking to go to friend’s house. (Although, he is quite used to me sleeping, as I used to nap all the time, precancer diagnosis! When I told him about the surgery and someone putting me to sleep, he told me that I wouldn’t need a doctor to put me to sleep because I do that all the time anyhow).

Today Max was very clingy, morning and around lunch time. He kept wanting me to pick him up and carry him around. I feel bad sometimes, so I obliged him (or maybe I should just admit that I don’t feel like listening to his whining so I give in to his demand of being hoisted around by me). Today, when I picked him up, he sorta leaned into my left side, so I immediately reminded him of my oweee. And then on my right side, he somewhat grabbed onto my shoulder, where my porto cath is, and so I pointed it out to him to let him know that it hurts if he touches me there. A bit exasperated, but still wanting to be close to me, he asked, “Are you hurting on your back, too?” I had to laugh, and let him actually hang out on my back, as long as he didn’t grab around my neck and shoulders. This didn’t last long.

I’ll be happy when I’m all healed. Because I do miss the closeness of my family.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the ONLY time that your toes haven't hurt....we've seen enough pictures of them.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger jdoc said...

This is a really sweet post. I'm hoping you heal quickly too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home