UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Organized...briefly

Since I’m not working now, and I have my mom and Sara around to help out, I figure I should take advantage of this extra help and try to get some organization to the mass chaos that has accumulated inside my cabinets, drawers, and other storage bins.

The other day I bought these really cute wicker crates at Target (on clearance..whoo hoo!). I took the dozens of books that were piled into a storage “cube” in our family room, basically “lost” to the eyes of my kids, and arranged them in these crates, one for each of my munchkins. This actually took quite a bit of time.

Later, when I was in an other room reading with Cameron, Ella and Max discovered their book crates. However, instead of using them as storage for their books, they decided to empty them, and store their own little behinds in the bottom of the crates while they read their books.


So much for my organization.
I guess I should at least be happy that they were reading.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get some extra crates for the books (since they're on clearance)! Cute, cute, cute! Hahahaha!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sorted Z's books so that one section of the bookshelves had his favorites (mostly board) books, one had his old soft books from when he was an infant, one had his a little older picture books, etc. He took care of that in a few days so now we're back to books everywhere in no particular order and being pulled out ALL the time. We have books (his and mine I admit) in every room in the house (not kidding you- there are some in the bathroom cabinet even) and by the end of the day the floor is littered with them. I do appreciate and like the idea of orderly crates though! Maybe we should have been librarians.
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home