UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

3 little warriors

Today Max’s “girlfriend” Abby (he does call her this like it’s her name), had a Princess birthday party. In the spirit of the party, the boys dawned Knight outfits, and I purchased a Dora princess outfit for Ella. Every time I picked it up, she’d say, “Pretty!” But that was as far as her admiration went.

When I put the lovely yellow gown on her, she wanted nothing to do with it. She kicked and screamed, as I forced it on her, and she tugged at the sleeves to try to get it off. She even threw herself on the floor in complete anger. Now I should have responded to her utmost annoyance and put her regular clothes back on, but honestly, she looked so cute! I figured she could at least show up at the princess party as a princess, and then if she still would not tolerate her gaudy girly outfit, I’d put her regular clothes back on.

Even when I gave her the wand, she threw it down with extreme force and a resounding, “No!” Immediately she grabbed one of the boy’s knight swords, waved it in the air and yelled, “Hi Ya! battling anyone who would dare to approach her.

I must say, that little girl made me proud. No damsel in distress in my house!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Where did you get that Dora outfit? Very cute!!! Yes, Felicity is the same way- she picks up any weapon in the house and swings it around like her brothers!
Traci

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome...you should have tried to see if one of the boys would have worn the princess outfit. i mean, before melvin got home anyways.

-s

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Walmart. I think it was $20 though. Want it? We won't be getting much use out of it!

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's like Eowyn from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I know, my geek is showing!). Or like the Spartan queen from 300! She's not just another pretty face, but a force to be reckoned with! You go, Ella!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh, and I got the Dora dress in the toy section, NOT the halloween costume section.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I have a girl like that. She wants to wear comfortable stuff. It doesn't have to match or anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home