UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First day for Max


Today was Max’s first day of preschool. When I first signed him up, I was very hesitant. He just still seemed so young and immature. He refused to do swim lessons this summer, and we were having problems with dropping him off at kid’s church. However, this past month, it seems like he’s just grown and matured exponentially. His mannerisms, his reasoning, his conversations, all have seemed more mature…and funny.

These past few weeks, he has been so excited about going to school. He’ll be having a conversation with someone and then he’d turn to me and say, “Mom, what’s the name of my school?”

I’d respond and tell him the exact name of the school.

“But what’s the name of it?” he’d press on. “You know, the name!”

I finally figured out what he wanted, and I’d tell him.

He’d immediately turn to the adult or kid he was talking with and say excitedly, “I’m going to PREschool!”

Today he (and Cameron) were so excited about Max’s first day. Although, I was not happy when Cameron told Max that it would be okay if he called his teacher Miss Pig, even though her name is Miss Peg.

When I asked Max if he wanted me to take him, he told me no, that he wanted Mom-mom. So I obliged. He wasn’t happy at all that he didn’t get to bring a lunch, and he insisted on gathering some crayons to put in a baggy to use at school, but other than those few battles, the morning scramble went pretty smoothly.

And despite all the trouble he’s caused as a little munchkin, the whining, the bedtime battles, the screaming and tantrums, those days seem to be dwindling (which is fine with me). And I actually felt a tinge of sadness as my mom pulled away from the driveway, taking him away to school.

I did get to pick him up, and he was nothing but a chatterbox about everything he did. “We learned our LETTERS! We sang SONGS! We acted like ANIMALS!” He went on and on, drawing out the last word in a sing-song fashion.

I think preschool will suit him quite well this year.


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I am glad that little Max had a good first day of school. It seems to suit him very well.

Just one favor, since he has stopped whinning and fighting at bedtime, can he teach that to NyCee? All of a sudden she doesn't want to go to bed (is this a result of removing the bottle?) and is whiny and clingy all day.

Do you think little Max's preschool has room for a 17 month old? If so, sign her up and I will put the postage on her forehead.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks SO cute, Cari, in those pictures and I love the look of the preschool. Miss Peg is lucky to have him in her class. Did Ella miss him while he was gone?
L

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is such a big boy! He is going to love it.

Now you and Ella have a little "girly-girl princess power" time for yourselves!

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little Max is growing up. I remember Keiko pressuring me to go to school, like her big sister, Nia. Only thing, she wasn't satisfied with Preschool - or Pre-Kindergarten - she wanted to go to "real" school and be a Kindergartner (she was 3 at the time!). After days of telling her she was too young, she settled into her class and had a wonderful year.

Looks like Max will have a wonderful year - he looks so happy to be at school! I bet his exuberance will rub off on some of the other students. How cute he is!! Let's pray he stays that enthusiastic for school for a long time......

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember when i used to chase after you on my big wheel, in my diaper no less, as the bus took you after school? what was i thinking, being so eager to go to school?

-s

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Sometimes the best thing to do is just get them into preschool. They always surprise us! I felt the same way about Lincoln (he was smaller for his age, not talking...)and almost held him back-I am glad I did not! Max looks so grown up!
Traci

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max looks very proud...and big!

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max is one good lookin' kid! Killer eyes in that 1st pic.
Yippee, Hooray, for school and the fact that he loves it!
Sarah

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

He is adorable...

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Miss Pig, LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home