UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Genes



My husband always says to me, “He’s definitely your son,” when referring to Cameron’s forgetful and emotional behavior. But yesterday he had a different reason to say such. Yesterday Cameron had a track meet, and because of weather and other commitments only about a couple dozen kids showed up (unlike the usual hundred or so), so the kids could run as many events as they wanted. Cameron decided to do ALL of them. He ran the 55 meters, then the 400, next the 100, then the 800 and finally the 200 meters. And he managed to run around in between each race cheering on the other runners. Oh yes, he’s definitely my son.


Now Max on the other hand….I know I birthed him, but I constantly question if he’s my son. Episode in the car today:
Max is spitting…and spitting…and spitting.
“Max stop spitting!”
“Why?” he asked in between spits.
“Because that’s gross. Now stop!”
He stops for a couple seconds, then says, “I spit one more time.” And he proceeds to do so.
Then he says, “Mommy, you spit.”
“No, Max, I’m not spitting.”
“Why not? It’s fun. You should spit.”
Ugh!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, CAM!! Woo Hoo!!

/new training partner?

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Cari- They let the K/1st grade kids do the 800? How do you get them to not try to sprint at the beginning of that? My experience with little guys running is that they all run their hearts out for the beginning of each race
L

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why's it look like cameron has a gut in that first photo?

-s

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Jaye, Soon, I hope he'll be able to run with me. For now, he just bikes ahead of me.

L, This meet is SO laid back. They even let Max run the 55 and 100 last year when he wasn't even two yet! Usually the younger kids don't run more than 400 at the bigger, "more official" city meets.

S. Cameron is skin and bones. Now Ella, she has a gut!

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you read the article in July's Runner's World about the man and his son who "ran across the country"? It was a great article -I thought back about Keiko and I running in the Rock n Roll 1/2 this past January and what a joy it was to just run with your child (okay, she's now 21, but this was someone who wouldn't run unless she was being chased!). Then I thought about you and Cam running (when he's a bit older) together and what a joy it will be for you (until he passes you and leaves you behind, hahaha). There's nothing like it in the world, though, sharing something that you love (most of the time) with your children....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home