UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

iLess Confused

I finally sorta figured out my iPod. Who knew Apple had a help function on its site explaining exactly how to operate it (although I’d still rather have a paper manual).

The first song I downloaded…..from my middle school idol…….”Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper, of course…along with a few other songs of hers.

Then I added some uplifting Kirk Franklin from a CD that I lost years ago.

And then…I hit the jackpot. Somehow I came across a page that showcased songs under the title “Running through the 90s.” Since I’m downloading music mostly to distract me during my marathon training, I thought this would be perfect. I found a whole bunch of songs from my college and post college years.

Now when I pass by people as I run, I wonder what they might be listening to. Because I’m sure they have no idea that I’m running to the beat of Naughty by Nature’s “O.P.P,” House of Pain’s “Jump Around,” or Limp Bizkit’s “Nookie.”

Now if only I could figure out how to turn this damn thing off....oh yeah, and put my "bad" songs in different folders so that when my 6 year old sons uses my iPod, he's not singing, Bel Biv DeVoe's "Poison" in the shower...or the Violent Femmes "Add It Up" on the playground.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cameron learning about the violent femmes would be a good thing if you ask me.

and who are you kidding? "Nookie" is so not your era. It's barely MY era. It's just plain bad. Erase that from your ipod.

-s

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you've figured out you ipod, can you show me how to program my vcr, duh. yes,I know we have moved on to dvd, dvr etc... see what I mean ? ha ha ha, but I am so serious. My love to everyone. Yay for Ella.

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wonder what others are listening to on their ipods....and I think they wonder about me when I totally get caught up in a song as I am rollerblading or walking and start waving my arms around, playing 'air drums' or shaking my head in time to the beat. But the good thing is, I don't care what they think and I do it anyway!

Good luck in your training!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home