UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, February 19, 2007

My nighttime buddy

When Max comes down the stairs looking like this, asking so nicely, not whining or crying, just very politely, if he could sit with me while I watch TV, I know that I should just send him back up to his room. But he’s so cute, I just can’t resist.

So last night I let him join me in my Sunday night guilty pleasure, and I can now only hope his little 2 ½ year old mind was not able to actually process anything that he witnessed on Desperate Housewives. I should have put him up to bed after that, but he didn’t want to leave my side.

As I was gathering laundry from the dryer, he said, “I help you Mommy!” so sweet and cheerful.
“No Max, you need to go back to bed,” I said with little conviction.
“No Mommy, I HELP you!” he responded paying no mind to my request.
So I let him “help” me, because folding clothes with a 2 ½ year old is just so much more fun than folding them alone. First he folded all the socks individually. Then I had to inform him that he needed to fold them in pairs. I’ve never seen anyone get so excited to match socks!

After folding 2 baskets of laundry, we snuggled together watching Brothers and Sisters. There was a scene where Calista Flockhart was leaning in to kiss Rob Lowe. Max started grinning, and said with the cutest little sing-song voice, “Mooooooommy! They’re kiiiiiiising.” Then he sat next to me making kissing noises for a few minutes before he finally leaned over and gave me a peck on the cheek.

My little boy is turning into quite the charmer.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

I like Desperate Housewives also and Dan gives me a ard time about it--BUT Like you said it is one of my guilty pleasure's

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Is that a paci in his mouth?

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Yes, it is. He still wants it to sleep. I let him have it for now, because I can't take the screaming at 2 AM when he wakes up and can't find it. The funny thing is, he gives it to me and tells me that he's all done with he pacifier, and has even thrown it in the trash before. But at bedtime, he screams for it.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is he wearing on his head??

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

A Flower headband from the dollar section at Target. It's supposed to be for Ella.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home